WalkerRidge is a full-service construction company. While our work is adapted to each client's needs, we apply a systematic process that analyzes a project from the pre-construction phase, through construction management and general contracting, to client occupancy. This process evaluates scope of work, budgets and schedules with a view toward maximizing efficiency and timeliness. Our experienced management team takes a hands-on approach to every project to anticipate problems before they arise and prevent costly delays.
+ Concept to Completion
The pre-construction phase of any project may be the most important and comprise management, estimating and technical services. We undertake extensive pre-construction analysis to ensure project feasibility and ultimate constructability, and to confirm that plans are in line with anticipated budgets and timelines. When necessary, we may offer alternative building solutions that meet project goals.
- During the pre-construction phase, we will:
- Evaluate of site conditions and coordination of surveys
- Oversee design specifications to client expectations
- Develop master schedules
- Prepare budgets with details by trade
- Provide cost savings and value engineering, where appropriate
- Plan logistics and schedule trades for maximum efficiency
- Maintain and offer a list of pre-qualified subcontractors
- Undertake a competitive bid process for trades
- Conduct scope and trade bid review meetings
- Provide risk analysis and insurance planning
- Develop a site safety plan
As construction manager and general contractor, we believe our obligation to our clients is to supervise construction, control costs, maintain schedules, manage material deliveries, and uphold our own highest quality production standards.
- During construction, we will:
- Maintain responsibility for construction methods, sequencing and procedures
- Coordinate and supervise trades and outside suppliers
- Oversee shop drawings and material quality sampling
- Obtain all permits, licenses, inspections, sign-offs, and occupancy certificates
- Monitor conformance of design requirements
- Maintain and regularly update project schedules
- Host project meetings with client and trades
- Manage change orders and general conditions for transparency and clear communications
- Offer responsive comprehensive punch list services
+ Green Building
WalkerRidge understands the impact that buildings and the construction process can have on the environment, and we have committed ourselves to the most environmentally sensitive processes feasible.
WalkerRidge is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), the creators of LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. As an internationally recognized mark of excellence, LEED provides building owners and operators with a framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions aimed at energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, improved indoor environmental quality, and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts.
- Our environmentally-sensitive systems and products optimize health and safety in any home or building, and include:
- Solar panel installation
- Safe and versatile soy-based polyurethane foam insulation
- Energy-efficient boilers and hot water heaters
Our green initiatives are led by Aaron Stevens, an LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP). Certifications is awarded through a a rigorous program of study and exams administered by the Green Building Certification Institute.
+ Gotham Green Roofs
A sister venture, Gotham Green Roofs capitalizes on the use and development of green roofs, an ecologically significant and economically feasible solution to the problem of sustainable urban development. We grow the healthiest of plants in our own nursery, and can implement the entire green roof system to conserve water, improve the environment and gain significant tax advantages.